Its no secret by now that I like chicken, and I buy it in bulk, (see my first single girl cooking here-Mexican Chicken)! I don’t know about you but I hate chicken when it has no seasoning or taste to it. Here’s my go to seasoning that is a hit among my friends too!
Seasonings can be expensive if you buy a jar of already mixed spices for your chicken. This will cost less than a dollar to make and will last a couple weeks if kept in a sealed container.
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 pkg of taco seasoning
- Super easy…just mix it up! I use about 1-2 tablespoons for a chicken breast. This will get you 2-3 uses and I keep mine in my kitchen with other spices for the next time I use it.
- I usually dip my chicken (thawed) right in the seasoning but sometimes if I have a bit of milk left to use up or an egg I’ll use that first and treat it more like “breading” the chicken breast. Either way works just fine, on most days I pat dry my chicken (I’ve already rinsed it off before I froze it) and then put the coating right onto the skin so its more like a coating than traditional “breaded” chicken breast.
- I bake the breast at 350 degrees turning it after about 6 minutes and then cook until it reaches 165 degrees in the middle (buy a decent meat thermometer if you don’t have one) and then once done I let it sit for a few minutes so the juices stay in the breast.
- Plain with veggies!
- Chop up and eat with salad and spicy ranch – my favorite way!!
- Chop up and eat it in a wrap with lettuce, cheese, and any other favorite veggies!
The ideas are really endless once you have a great tasting piece of chicken. My directions are for making 1-2 breasts at a time but remember that cooking time will vary with the size and thickness of each breast so its vital to use a meat thermometer and check it before eating – these are merely guidelines to making it – have fun and play around with it. I’ve also heard of people making their own taco seasoning – have you? That may be my next “Pinned it…Tried it…” post..
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Gracious Luck!