Its time to take on another no buy month! I really like these and its time, I have been shopping with coupons and discounts but have been making silly purchases that aren’t necessary. Here my friends are the rules if you’d like to join the party.
- No Buy November lasts until November 28. I’m not going to lie, I like a good deal like everyone else and I will be checking out the post-Thanksgiving Day Sales. I don’t go out to stores because I hate crazy crowds but I’ll be hanging out on my computer randomly over the holiday searching for cool gifts at fantastic prices!
- Allowed to buy: Food & Gas. Food because we have to survive, can gas because we have to be able to drive to work! I’m not lucky enough to have public transportation otherwise I might try it!
- Post with updates. No buy’s are by far the most challenging task I’ve ever faced. Its much harder than I ever imagined it would be. It’s so easy to read the daily sales emails from stores and feel compelled to shop. What’s harder is not hitting the “buy” button! My trick has been to avoid temptation as much as possible. For example…I just delete the emails instead of even opening them.
- Holiday Parties are exempt. I know its time for the standard work, friends, and family holiday gatherings. If you have Christmas in November, then this is okay to “shop” as long as you try to keep spending under control!
- Have fun. Instead of shopping online, I’ve picked up on more freelance work that keeps me “online” but I’m working and making money instead of spending it. Instead of shopping with the girls, go out for a drink, coffee, or desert at a fun restaurant. You might pay a little more than normal for the piece of chocolate cake or a latte but in the end it will more than likely be less than you’d spend shopping at the mall!
I hope you have a wonderful November and if you want to join me on the journey let me know! We can link up our posts and keep each other going!
Thank you for stopping by Gracious Luck and have a fantastic weekend! 🙂