Earlier this month (November) the lovely Jen @ Dragonfly Reviews nominated me for The Sunshine Award!
I had some family things going on so I pushed it back a couple weeks so I could enjoy answering her questions! Thank you so much for the nomination – I love doing these scenarios, and I’m sorry I didn’t get to it earlier in the month! 🙂
So here are the rules:
- Share 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 set questions by your nomination blogger
- Nominate 11 bloggers
- Include 11 questions for your nominees to answer:
- I’m a south paw (left handed) and hadn’t heard that phrase until I was a senior in high school.
- I’m semi-ambidextrous (some activities I do left or right handed like softball or golf) but others I fail at. Actually I’m not really sports minded…or athletic to say the least!
- However, I was a power lifter in high school – I competed in weight lifting competitions across the state of Nebraska and was 3rd in the state my senior year of high school. I liked the concept that my success or failures in that activity was based upon me and no one else. It motivated me to keep pushing myself harder taught me a lot about myself in the process.
- I turned 30 this summer (gasp!) it wasn’t as depressing as I thought it would be! I’m single, and currently marriage and kids aren’t even on the horizon. I’m not opposed to it, I’m just not “hunting” for it either. If something great comes along…I’m sure my opinion could be changed! 🙂
- I love animals, I grew up rescuing anything I could find that needed a home and I could convince my parents or grandma to take in! I’ve had too many cats over the years to mention, and bucket caves and stray dogs at my grandmas farm a couple miles away. Currently I have a rescue cat that I saved as a starving kitten that showed up at work one fall day…six years ago! I will forever have furbabies that are rescues.
- I grew up in a town of 50 people, graduated from a town with 350 people, and my graduating class had 17 people in it!
- I LOVE taking “pretty” nature pictures. Landscapes and macro photography are my current favorites but I love taking pictures in general.
- I am obsessed with purses, jewelry, and shoes. I always have to stop and check out those sections when I’m shopping to see if I can find something at price I can’t resist! 🙂
- I love to cook and bake, however I HATE dishes, and my apartment doesn’t have a dishwasher! 😦 My favorites to make are homemade pies, bars, and a few others that I’ve shared on here.
- I debated majoring in writing and journalism in college but changed to marketing because I liked the ad design and numbers combination better.
- I have my MBA in International Business purely because it was a personal goal I set in high school. At my 10 year high school a couple years ago reunion I realized 8 of those 10 years were spent in college getting 3 business degrees. (I can be a little nerdy at times!)
Dragonfly Reviews questions for her nominees:
1. What are your goals? – Right now my goals are go keep growing my blog and continue meeting amazing bloggers who inspire to experiment or push me out of my comfort zone!
2. What is your favorite make up brand? – My favorite make up brand is such a hard thing to state. I have a few but I’ll narrow it down to drugstore & high end. Drugstore – despite loving a lot of brands, one of my staples is Cover Girl for various products from foundation to lip gloss! High End – Its not too high end, but I would have to say Clinique. Their skin care line has saved my skin, and I love their eye shadows, mascara, lip sticks, chubby sticks…etc!
3. Do you shop more online or offline and what is your favorite store? – I live in rural Nebraska where my nearest Sephora and department stores are over 40 miles away. I shop online A LOT! 🙂 However, if its something expensive and new, I usually wait until I’m in a store to try it out first. My favorite store(s) – Sephora, Kohls, JC Penney…to name a couple…
4. What are your hobbies? – My hobbies are blogging, photography and taking pictures of special events, cooking, and spending time with friends and family.
5. What is your favorite food? – . My favorite food…chocolate. Its a safe bet that generally any type of chocolate is going to be great. Other foods I enjoy or Italian, Mexican, and grilled steaks & burgers.
6. What is your favorite book? – My favorite book…at the moment…is kind of embarrassing but I’m still loving the 50 shades books, and I read a lot of business and leadership books like the “No Asshole Rule,” “Generation Earn,” and my current finance book that I’m loving is “Soldier of Finance.” Soldier of Finance is written by inspiring blogger Jeff Rose over at Good Financial Cents.
7. What is or was your favorite subject in school or college? – My favorite college subjects – Marketing, Advertising, and Sales – three different classes but super fun to me! 🙂
8. Do you have a car? What kind? – I have a 2013 Black Metallic Ford Fusion
9. What band or musical artist do you like the most? – I like a lot of different styles of music – rock, pop, country, piano, it runs the gamut and depends on my mood! Favorite artist of the past year or so has to be Luke Bryan!
10. What country do you live in? – I live in the United States
11. What is your favorite topic to write about? – My favorite topic to blog about is probably makeup or shopping sales.
My 11 Nominations:
1. Beautyburgh @ http://beautyburgh.com/
2. Plastic Bows @ http://plasticbows.com/
3. Odyssey Through Nebraska @ http://odysseythroughnebraska.wordpress.com/
4. See Fancy Love @ http://seefancylove.wordpress.com/
5. thebubblybrunette @ http://thebubblybrunette.wordpress.com/
6. Good Lack, Nail @ http://goodlacknail.com/
7. Life’s Glitz Pageant @ http://lifesglitzpageant.wordpress.com/
8. Paint Me Pretty @ http://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/54081749/
9. Samandro @ http://samandro.com
10. Llwesoba @ http://llewsoba.wordpress.com/
11. kittypolishnbags @ http://kittypolishnbags.wordpress.com/
My 11 Questions:
1. What is your favorite place to score beauty bargains? (online or in-store)
2. What is your favorite winter skin staple?
3. What is your best piece of beauty advice?
4. What is your favorite winter nail polish color? Or do you change it up for seasons?
5. Whats your favorite way to accessorize in the winter? (scarves, hats, gloves?)
6. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
7. If you have a Christmas tree – real or fake?
8. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
9. What is your signature perfume scent?
10. Do you carry a purse in your hands, on your forearm, shoulder, or cross-body?
11. Whats the one thing you can’t leave home without?