Hi Lovelies! Today’s post is part of a link up with Toria’s Treasures! I met Toria in a facebook bloggers group and am excited to be part of her first link up. Our first theme is “PURPLE” – if you know me, you know that I love purple!
I couldn’t really decide what I wanted to do for purple but as I was packing for a trip coming up I came across one of my favorite eye quads – which has purple in it, and wanted to share with you a simple and subtle purple smokey eye.
I’m using L’Oreal’s Colour Riche Smokey Eyes in 527 – Sultry Seductress.
I realize this is pretty mild for some but I think its easily wearable for evenings out or special events where you want a pop of color but nothing too drastic. I have pretty fair skin, so my smokey eye looks are more on the mild side. 🙂
Here’s how I got the look :
- I started out with priming my eyelids to get the best payoff with this quad.
- Next I used the purple shade all over the lid and packed it heavily to get a pop of purple.
- Then I took the top bronze shade and worked it into the outer corner & crease. (The bronze is super glittery so watch out if you’re not a glitter person!)
- After that I used the lightest shade along my brow bone to highlight.
- Last, I took the bottom dark gray shade on a flat liner brush and worked it into the upper lash line. For the bottom lash line I took the top bronze shade into the lashes and then worked in some of the darker shade on the outer part.
- I finished the look with Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam mascara that I received to review from Influenster last fall.
I really love this look and will be wearing it for an evening out with friends this weekend! I may also pair it with some false lashes to really make the lashes stand out more than they are.
Thanks for stopping by Gracious Luck!