Hi lovelies! I’ve been looking for a makeup wipe that won’t leave my skin feeling tacky or greasy. I saw these on Sephora.com and picked up a package to see how they compare to drugstore brand wipes. It seems most bloggers or vloggers use face wipes to remove makeup at the end of the day in lieu of washing their face – every wipe I have ever tried removes my makeup but I still have a strong desire to wash the remaining residue off when I’m done. Wipes have never been a one stop solution for me, however I have combo dry/oily skin so that could be part of my issue.
Here are the details on these wipes from Sephora
What it is:
A pack of easy-to-use facial cleansing cloths for soft, refreshed skin.
What it does:
Gently swipe away dirt, makeup, and oil with these disposable cleansing cloths. Skin will be left feeling perfectly clean, soft, and refreshed in an instant. Ideal for all skin types and perfect for on-the-go cleaning, the convenient pack of 30 wipes fits easily into your gym bag or suitcase.
- I LOVE the packaging – I hate how some brands have packaging that is difficult to close and leads to wipes drying out a lot faster than they should. This has a flip top lid and then a sticker type seal. I feel like these will last quite a while.
- The scent is very light and similar to philosophy purity cleanser – its clean and lovely smelling without being strong.
- I like the size of these and the fact they feel heavier than other wipes I’ve tried.
- They did a fair job on removing makeup – face makeup was a breeze to get off but I felt like I had to scrub off my eye makeup. I ended up using eye makeup remover to finish getting my mascara off. (You shouldn’t have to tug, pull, or scrub off eye makeup!)
- The following morning my eyes felt like I had sand in them – I think this was from my attempt at using them to remove mascara and eye makeup so I will avoid that in the future.
These are ok. They aren’t phenomenal, they aren’t horrible, they are just okay. I’ll definitely continue using them but I think I’ll pass on buying another package. For me and my semi-temperamental skin, I’m starting to think that any form of a pre-moistened wipe is just not for me!
Have you tried these? What’s your favorite type/brand of wipe? The drugstore brand that I have tried in the past are the wipes from Simple and were just okay as well.
Thanks for stopping by Gracious Luck today!