Here are some details about the Shine On Award.
If you would like to accept and forward the award on. the ‘Shine On’ Award rules are:
1. Display the award logo to your blog
2. Show appreciation by acknowledging the blogger who nominated you and link back to them in your post
3. Share 7 random, interesting things about yourself
4. Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and happily pass on this award, making sure to link their blog into your post
5. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know
Here are 7 things about me:
(I did one of these a few months ago, so I hope I don’t repeat myself!)
1.I used to hate school – with a passion – but at some point all the moving parts in my brain clicked together and I went on to get 3 college degrees in the span of 10 years. I have my Associates Degree in Business/Marketing, a Bachelors Degree in Business/Marketing, and my MBA in International Business.
2. I was in a fraternity. Yep – but it’s Co-Ed now, and a professional fraternity, not social. Its only for business majors in college, I am a brother of Delta Sigma Pi and now stay involved with my old chapter as a District Director (sort of like an adviser). I love being involved in an organization that had such a profound impact on me, I’m fairly certain I’d be on a completely different path in life if I never took the step to get involved over 10 years ago! (that makes me sound so old!)
3. I LOVE photography – I love taking pretty pictures and also do some outdoor portrait photography on the side. My love though is to wonder through nature and stumble upon pretty pictures. One of my inspirations is Ansel Adams. If you don’t know who he his and like pretty nature/scenic pictures, google him…now!
4. I’m sort of ambidextrous. Growing up left handed when everyone else I knew was right handed – I sort of adapted to doing certain things right handed “like everyone else did.” I typically did activities in school like baseball or golf right handed. (I’m absolutely horrible at both…but it seems to be even worse left handed!)
5. When I was little I had a crazy imagination – I could spend hours playing by myself in a room full of toys. My favorites were school – I could never be a teacher now – and store – I would sell anything – and now do accounting for a small local retail store. (Ironic how things work out!) From that you will also know that I’m slightly introverted. I am fine being on my own, but also crave interaction at times too.
6. I love animals (except reptiles and bugs!). Growing up, I would bring home anything from baby bunnies who lost their mom, to a baby bird that fell out the nest, to stray cats & dogs. Most animals ended up at my grandma’s farm and a few cats made their way into my house. I used to help take care of bucket calves and play with them which is one of my favorite memories growing up in rural America. My grandma wanted me to become a vet or vet tech but I get way toooo attached to anything to do that job. I’m now a rescue mom to a cat that was a sick & starving kitten six years ago. She wouldn’t have lasted much longer without someone taking her in and nursing her back to health, luckily I sweet talked my landlord into letting me bend the rules for pets and never looked back!
7. I love chick flicks – I know 99% of the time how they’ll end but I’m still a sucker for a good rom-com! I also love Christmas movies. Especially the cheesy ones that air on Hallmark or Lifetime around the holidays. I like to kick back, watch a movie, and do my nails, blog, or wrap Christmas presents if its that time of year!
Since some of my friends are already have been nominated, I’m leaving rest of this post wide open – I nominate YOU to do this and share some randomness about yourself.
Thanks for stopping by Gracious Luck and I hope you learned something random about me! 🙂