Hi Loves! I’m a bzzagent and had the chance to try out some makeup and let people know what I think of it. This review is for Neutrogena’s new foundation – Nourishing Long Wear Makeup.
Here’s Neutrogena’s Description: $14.99
New Neutrogena® Nourishing Long Wear Makeup gives you smooth, even, long-lasting coverage as it works to actually improve skin’s natural tone. The 12 hour long wear makeup instantly erases the look of skin imperfections as it provides natural-looking coverage. It has a Tone Correcting Complex—an exclusive blend of nourishing antioxidants, soy, Vitamins A, C, E, and light diffusing powders—and is clinically proven to provide skin tone and texture improvements in 4 short weeks. Beautiful day one, with even more beautiful results to follow.
-Available in 8 breathable shades
My thoughts (mostly good – and one rant!):
- I’m using shade #20 Neutral Ivory
- Winter has been doing a number on my skin lately. Its dry, crabby, and not impressed! 🙂 I have dry patches on my face and this can catch on to them pretty easily if you don’t put a primer on first to help disguise them.
- It can be hard to blend – my typical process for applying foundation is to put a dab on my bush or blender, dot it around my face and then go back in and blend it. It sets too fast for this – so I found dab a smaller amount on half my face, blend, and then do the other half.
- This is medium coverage and could be built up if you are careful. Some times building a product up can backfire with cake-face and I think this could develop into one of those situations if you aren’t diligent with blending!
- Has a “sunscreen” texture. Maybe its just me – or my skin – but some products with sunscreen feel really tacky to me after application before it completely sets. While this sets fast and makes blending difficult, I feel like it may have a little tackiness to it as well. Not a deal breaker – unless you’re in a hurry.
- Long-wearing! I can go 8+ hrs with out a touch up. This makes me very happy since some days I am working or busy from 8am – 8pm or later. I also don’t have an issue with getting overly oily. Although I’m writing this in the winter that has been unusually dry…ask me again come full on summer like July or August!
- I HATE the bottle. After raving about qualities that I think make this a good foundation – I hate this bottle. Maybe I’m spoiled but I cannot stand a foundation that comes in a glass bottle and does not have a pump. I don’t want to pour it on my hand and I don’t really want to use my fingers to get product out even though I obsess about washing them, esp. when applying my makeup. My solution – use a q-tip to dip into the bottle, and then use that to dot my foundation on before I blend it. This is so annoying to me, it could be a deal breaker! I also feel like I’m wasting q-tips even tho they are super cheap!
Bottom Line –
I like this foundation. It not amazing, its not horrible, but its good. I like the added bonus of SPF in it and that it can last with me through a work day without being touched up or sliding off (again – this could change once summer hits). I do hate the bottle – but I think I may cheat and maybe…pour it into an empty foundation bottle with a pump…?! Or pour it into a pot jar and use it that way. Overall – if the bottle doesn’t annoy you – check this out. If you are like me and prefer a pump or tube that you squeeze, this could annoy you like it does me.
Have you tried this? My drugstore favorite is still my covergirl outlast – but I’m currently trying a new one from covergirl – so stay tuned for another drugstore foundation review coming soon!
Thanks for dropping by Gracious Luck – have a wonderful day!