Hi Loves! You may remember that I posted about getting to review a new foundation from Neutrogena but how annoyed I was that it was in a bottle with out a pump. After watching a youtuber mention how they depot foundations into a reusable pump they bought on Amazon – I had to try it!
The bottle I purchased was $3.93 (shipping included). NOTE~ It is only .5 oz. I wasn’t sure if I’d like this method so I got a smaller bottle, plus its small and easier to travel with. There are 1 oz bottles available for $4.43 w/ shipping also in that company’s amazon store. They had super fast shipping – it was around 3 days and I live in the midwest,
(This may seem like a no brainer – but just a few things I noticed.)
- Sterilize the bottle with alcohol. I poured a little in the bottle and swirled it around for about fifteen seconds.
- Next I put the top on and then pumped it until the alcohol came out through the pump. I wanted to ensure that the pump was also sterilized. (It did come packaged and appeared to be sealed, but since the foundation would be going on my face, I was extra cautious!)
- Take something – I used a q-tip – and push the bottom back down as far as it will go.
- Let air dry.
- Shake your foundation…this was a thicker foundation and I wanted be sure that nothing had settled.
- Start pouring it in – fill to right before the neck of the bottle gets smaller (you want to leave room for the top)
- Wipe the rim of the bottle – since its a vacuum style, you want to make sure you get a good seal when you screw it on.
- Pump it! This bottle is a vacuum – so there is no straw/tube that reaches to the bottom, instead as time goes, you’ll see the bottom rise to the top and push out the most product.
- Ready to use! (Best of all – when you’re out of foundation – wash it up and re-use it for another product! I think this would also be fantastic for creams & lotions.)
I depotted the foundation last night – and used it this morning. It made a world of difference for me and my opinion of the product. No more getting my fingers guncky with foundation or pouring too much out or jabbing q-tips in it to get product out and on my face!
Final Tip – if you can, remove the label from your original bottle (if its plastic – not paper) and put it on the depotted version so you know what you’re using.
This is my new go-to method for any bottles that come without a pump in the future!
Thanks for stopping by Gracious Luck today!