Hi Loves! I have completed 5 out of 7 days of yoga! I took Friday off because my wrists were aching and since I have issues with pre-carpel tunnel, I wanted to give them a break. Saturday I just felt awful and run down so rested up instead. Sunday I picked up my last day of week 1.
I’ve realized that I think one day of rest a week is necessary – just to give my muscles a break and have a day to recoup. I’ll give myself one day a week – I’m thinking Thursday or Friday since those days will fall in the middle.
Heres what I’ve realized after 5 days of 20+ minutes of yoga a day.
- My wrists are weak – I’m hoping they’ll start to catch up otherwise this could be a long road! I’m also extra cautious since I had a minor wrist surgery in June and don’t want to aggravate the area. I have to learn proper form since I’m pretty sure I don’t have it perfected yet!
- My arms, core, and mid-back muscles were all sore but in a good way. I had no idea that simple twists and stretches could work muscles in those areas.
- I CAN DO DOWNWARD DOG! Ok…its not pretty. Its an ugly dog! But I can do it – I can’t hold it for as long as she’d like but I pause in child’s pose and get back up. (This is huge since I never thought I’d be able to do it!)
- I love the warrior pose – granted my thighs are really angry and shaking by the end but at the same time I feel a sense of peace and calm when I do it.
- I was LOOKING FORWARD to my daily yoga as a source of relaxation and rejuvenation. I rarely look forward to any workout!
- I can tell that I’m not stressing out as much and “attempting” to live in the moment! I love the feeling of calmness and achievement I feel after a yoga session.
- Week one I completed roughly 115 minutes of yoga in 5 days.
Let me fill you in on what week 2 brings.
Week 2 started for me on Monday Dec 8 – I decided to take the next step in Adriene’s yoga series and do the Yoga For Beginners – 40 Minute Home Yoga Workout
I just tried this for the first time and its quite a bit more intense than last week’s. While this is marked as a beginner workout – I’d say its a little more advanced and requires a bit more flexibility than last week. While I will have to work into this – I’m looking forward to trying again tomorrow.
How are you staying fit this winter?
Thanks for stopping by Gracious Luck today!