Hi Loves! Its time for another fun review! I was sent this sample by BrandBacker. I did not purchase this but promise to share with you my honest thoughts and options of this.
I’ve been interested in and taking probiotics for a few months now. Honestly – without getting gross – I just feel better taking them. It helps keep me from getting that bloated feeling or upset stomachs. I also am more “regular” and according to several health articles and books I’ve been reading lately – that’s really important!
When the opportunity to try a new kind of probiotic – I knew I wanted to try it. This is a whole new concept. Most probiotics I’ve taken or researched – the goal is to get the probiotic into the small intestine to get the best results. There is a lot of buzz around gut health right now – but Hyper-Biotics Pro-Dental Probiotic is focused on your oral health.
What it is:
PRO-Dental is brand new concept in the probiotic world as it focuses on repopulating your oral and nasal cavities (as opposed to your GI tract). If you suffer from recurrent sore throats, allergies, ear or sinus infections or from dental issues such as cavities, plaque, bad breath, teeth staining, gum disease, tonsil stones, or sensitive teeth, we recommend this formula.
- Top Oral Probiotic Strains (including S. salivarius K12, S. salivarius M18, L. reuteri and L. paracasei) to effectively counter the nuking effects of today’s broad spectrum antibiotics and antibacterials.
- 3 Billion CFU in a Chewable Tablet. Oral Probiotic Strains colonize much easier than digestive probiotic strains since they don’t have to survive your stomach’s acids to get where they need to be. These strains are meant to reside on the tongue, tonsils, and ear, nose and throat area so chewing them is the perfect delivery method.
- Chelated Zinc. This superior bioavailable form of Zinc acts as an antioxidant and helps to protect cells against the effects of free radicals while playing a vital role in the formation of connective tissue, teeth and bones. Zinc may even play a role helping the uptake of calcium to your bones.
- Long Shelf Life & No Refrigeration Necessary. With the patented LiveBac® manufacturing process, we offer a guaranteed shelf life of 18 months from the date of manufacture, unlike most probiotics that don’t provide a date of any kind because their organisms die so quickly after being manufactured.
- 100% Natural. At Hyberbiotics, we don’t believe in additives of any kind.
There are 45 tablets per bottle
You can purchase this product on Amazon for $23.95 (free shipping on orders over $35)
Note – I’ve been taking these daily for a week. Here are my impressions of the product so far.
I’ve suffered from allergies, sinus infections, ear infections, and terrible teeth my entire life. If taking a simple chewable pill once a day makes all of those things better – why not give it a shot?!
My biggest concern when trying something like this is the taste. I’ve had mixed experiences with any sort of chewable product so I’m always really reluctant to try them. I chew one of these after brushing my teeth every morning and its not bad! It had bit of a funky taste but that could have been from mixing with toothpaste flavor left behind in my mouth. I have since tried rinsing out my mouth a couple times before taking the tablet and noticed a big improvement.
Conveniently?! or Ironically – I’ve been suffering from a horrible head cold for a couple weeks when I got these in the mail. I started taking one a day and have started to get rid of my cold. Granted, I’d had this cold for about a week already and it could have been on the downhill side. However I did start to notice improvement so wanted to mention that. My sore throat going away was the first noticeable improvement.
Next – sensitive teeth. You might remember reading posts about various toothpastes on here in the past targeted towards sensitive teeth. Mine are pretty touchy to the fact that I cannot stand “air” blowing on them when I’m getting work done on my teeth. (Thank god I have a wonderful dentist who works with my sensitivities!) I can’t honestly say I’ve noticed any significant improvements but I’ve only been taking them for a week. My teeth do feel “fresh” and clean though!
They are a little expensive – if you take them as directed for “intense repair” a bottle wouldn’t last you a month.
Bottom Line: I haven’t had a negative experience taking these, but I haven’t seen any huge changes either. I will continue using these and post an update after I’ve finished the bottle. At the end of the day – I’d say if you suffer from sinus issues or problems with poor teeth – this might be worth trying. If you don’t have those types of problems, I’d suggest sticking with your average probiotic targeted for your gut health.
Thanks for stopping by Gracious Luck – do you take probiotics? What brand do you like?