I’m a snacker, and get along throughout my day by having a couple healthier snacks in between breakfast and lunch, and some times between lunch and dinner. I’m always on the lookout for a healthy snack that is good for me AND tastes good. I’m totally hooked on these belVita Cinnamon Brown Sugar breakfast biscuits. *Disclaimer-I did get this from influenster to try and share my thoughts with you all, I did not purchase this item.*
Now on to my thoughts and the details.
- Target has them for $2.99 for a box of 5 packages of 4. Each package is one serving.
- They come in the following flavors: Golden Oat, Blueberry, Cinnamon Brown Sugar, Apple Cinnamon, and Chocolate
- Each serving has 19g of whole grains and 230 calories. (belVita Website)
- Their major claim is to help provide you with sustained energy – I would say that these left me feeling full all morning and as a snack I ate half and was full.
- Texture: These remind me of a thin cookie or thicker cracker consistency. They can be crumbly but I didn’t mind. These actually remind me of cookies my dad would by years ago that were specifically dry so he could dunk them in his coffee, but I can’t remember what they were called!
- Taste: I love cinnamon and sugar flavors so this was the perfect flavor for me to try. It was pleasant and filling however it wasn’t a strong cinnamon flavor so if that’s what you’re after this could be a little bland for you.
Overall: I’m definitely going to look at purchasing these next time I’m out shopping. They taste great, they are filling, and they are a good alternative to less healthy choices! As a breakfast I might pair it fresh fruit and eat the package of 4 biscuits but as a snack I could easily eat half per snack and be just fine.
Big thanks to belVita & Influenster for sending me this to try! I also have some invites to join influenster if you’d like one! Leave me a comment or fill out the contact form with your email so I can share the fun with you!
Thanks for stopping by Gracious Luck today!
*Disclosure: I’m a bzzagent and got this product for free to try on behalf of bzzagent and Kashi.*
At first when I heard about these crisps I wasn’t sure if I’d like them, but I did want to try them and find a healthier snack alternative. Upon opening the bag they smell amazing, and I’m picking up on a rosemary scent but I don’t see it in the ingredients list so maybe its just a combination of the herbs used. They are very light, crispy, and have almost an similarity to rice crisps. The texture to me was great but it is the type of snack that starts to sort of disintegrate when it gets in your mouth.
There is a nice herby flavoring that I taste immediately which (I think) is a combination of the olive oil, sea salt, and parsley used on the outside of the crisps. The day I got them I tore into the box and immediately tried one. I was surprised at how delicious they are!! They sort of grew on me over time and I found myself reaching for these chips over other unhealthy snacks that reside in my apartment! 🙂 I cannot say enough good about how much I like this product – I haven’t seen them in my local stores yet but look forward to getting a bag or two next time I see them.
Here are some details about these yummy new crisps!
They come in 3 flavors:
- Sun Dried Tomato, Basil, & Feta
- Caramelized Onion (cannot wait to try this one!!!!)
- Sea Salt & Olive Oil (Amazing!)
They have 3g of protein and 4g of fiber per serving.
And one serving is 27 crisps with 120 calories – and 30 calories from fat.
I do have few coupons for these – if you are interested let me know!
Thank you bzzagent & Kashi for allowing me to try this great product!